ARDEX New Zealand Limited (ARDEX New Zealand) is a leading supplier of building materials and products, specialising in high-quality construction materials for substrate preparation, levelling floors, the fixing of natural stones and ceramic tiles and other surfacing materials. ARDEX New Zealand offers innovative products of outstanding quality and optimal environmental friendliness, as well as providing training and support services for their application.
2. Open and transparent management of personal information
This Policy covers any information (including personal information) collected in New Zealand from customers, retailers, suppliers, contractors and visitors to any website operated by ARDEX New Zealand. The Policy does not apply to information (including personal information) collected by third parties, such as payment gateway providers, or through third party websites linked to this website. ARDEX New Zealand is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. Those third parties are subject to applicable privacy laws and their own privacy policies (if any). You should check their privacy policies before providing personal information to them or any other third party.
As someone who deals with us and provides us with personal information, you agree to be bound by this Policy.
ARDEX New Zealand may review and update this Policy from time to time by posting the updated Policy on its websites. Any change applies from the date it is posted on the websites. You are taken to have agreed to the updated Policy if you continue to place orders for ARDEX New Zealand products or services or continue to visit or browse any ARDEX New Zealand website after the updated Policy is posted on its websites.
4. Personal information
Personal information is information about an individual who can be identified.
5. Collection and purpose
ARDEX New Zealand collects and uses both personal information and other information so that it can provide you with the products and services that you order, and keep you informed of products and services that may be of interest to you. Information collected about you can also be used in an anonymous, aggregated form to assist ARDEX New Zealand generally in improving its business, products and services to customers.
Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information collected about you may include:
- Identifying information about you, such as your name, occupation, email address, telephone number, location and address
- Financial information, such as account numbers and credit card details
- Information you provide to help us assist you with any application process, including a credit application or application for a trade account
- Information about you that you provide to ARDEX New Zealand through feedback forms, surveys, or other forms that you complete and send to ARDEX New Zealand
- Other information relating to your use of ARDEX New Zealand’s products and services, or your business or service relationship with ARDEX New Zealand
Other information collected
ARDEX New Zealand may collect other personal information from time to time. ARDEX New Zealand will only collect information where needed for it to deliver its products or services or where required by law.
Providing personal information is generally optional for you. However, if you do not provide information to ARDEX New Zealand when requested, ARDEX New Zealand may not be able to provide products and services to you or the service you receive may not be as appropriate or relevant as it could be.
ARDEX New Zealand collects other information that may not identify you but is provided by you to ARDEX New Zealand. For example, this information may include your browsing preferences, IP address, internet service provider, the country from which you are accessing the website, the website that has directed you to the website, the search term you use (if you come to the website via a search engine), date and time of your visit to, the ARDEX New Zealand websites that you visit, and the files that you download from the website.
How information is collected
Information (including personal information) may be collected in a number of ways. ARDEX New Zealand will generally collect personal information from you directly, including through the following means:
- When you purchase products or services from ARDEX New Zealand
- When you first commence a business or service relationship with ARDEX New Zealand
- From website registration or contact forms, or credit or trade account applications
- During your interactions and correspondence with ARDEX New Zealand (whether verbal or in any written form)
- When you attend one of ARDEX New Zealand’s events
- When you contact ARDEX New Zealand’s customer service
- When you use ARDEX New Zealand’s website or browse an electronic communication from ARDEX New Zealand (e.g. email)
- While conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys
- Through promotions.
ARDEX New Zealand may also collect your personal information from third parties where you have authorised this, this is permitted by law, or where the information is publically available.
6. Use of information
ARDEX New Zealand uses information (including personal information) collected for a number of specific purposes connected with its business. These include the following:
- For customers: ARDEX New Zealand uses information collected from customers to:
- verify customers’ identities
- supply or provide customers with products and services requested
- deliver products and services to the correct location
- interact and communicate with customers
- invoice customers for products and services
- set up trade accounts and deal with payment defaults (including to obtain a credit report to assess a customer’s suitability for credit or to notify any customer default to credit reporting agencies)
- facilitate payment of products and services
- deal with customer requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care or business related activities
- provide after-sales services
- exercise rights under the applicable Terms and Conditions of Sale in relation to orders for products and services
- keep customers informed of products and services that may be of interest to the customer.
- For website visitors: ARDEX New Zealand uses information collected from website visitors to:
- provide an improved and positive website experience for website visitors (including to resolve website issues)
- recognise the website visitor as a customer
- customise website services, content, and advertising
- measure promotional effectiveness
- help ensure that website visitor accounts’ security is not compromised
- follow up with website visitors that wish to find out more information about ARDEX New Zealand products or services or place orders from ARDEX New Zealand.
- For suppliers, contractors and retailers: ARDEX New Zealand uses information collected from suppliers, contractors and retailers to:
- purchase products or services
- explore business opportunities for the provision of ARDEX New Zealand products (or parts of them) and services along the supply chain and through distribution channels
- exercise rights and meet obligations under the applicable contracts with suppliers, contractors and retailers.
- Generally: ARDEX New Zealand may also use information collected:
- to improve its business and its products and services
- to develop new products and services
- as otherwise required or allowed by law.
ARDEX New Zealand may also use personal information in an anonymised aggregated form, to carry out analysis of ARDEX New Zealand products, services and customer interactions.
7. Disclosure of information
Information you supply to ARDEX New Zealand may be shared with and used by the following, where relevant to them:
- ARDEX New Zealand employees, contractors, suppliers and agents
- affiliated and related companies of ARDEX New Zealand
- ARDEX New Zealand’s advisors
- other third party service providers (e.g. a business that hosts or maintains ARDEX New Zealand’s IT system, data centre or website)
- credit risk assessment agencies and debt collection agencies
- any court, tribunal or regulatory authority where disclosure is required or allowed by law
- any other person authorised by the Act (such as a potential purchaser of the ARDEX New Zealand business)
- any other person authorised by you or by law.
ARDEX New Zealand will not share your information with third parties, except as outlined in this Policy, or where you have authorised that disclosure.
Your information may be hosted with a third party storage provider, including in Australia, the USA and elsewhere.
ARDEX New Zealand may from time to time transfer personal information to third parties outlined above who are located outside New Zealand. If so, ARDEX New Zealand will ensure your personal information will be protected by comparable safeguards to those in New Zealand law. If your personal information will not be protected by comparable safeguards to those in New Zealand law, ARDEX New Zealand will tell you that this is the case, and only transfer your personal information with your consent.
8. Storage and protection of information
ARDEX New Zealand takes protection of personal information seriously. Personal information may be stored in different ways, including paper, electronic and online forms. ARDEX New Zealand will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and protected against misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes through the following safeguards:
- All personal information collected by ARDEX New Zealand is stored at secure premises, including a computer network that is secured by firewalls, passwords and anti-virus protection.
- ARDEX New Zealand personnel are required to comply with privacy and data policies and procedures.
- Personal information is only provided to third parties as set out in section 7 (Disclosure of information), for ARDEX New Zealand’s business purposes. Those third parties also have an obligation to keep personal information secure in accordance with their privacy policies and applicable privacy legislation.
If a privacy breach occurs which has caused or may cause serious harm to you, ARDEX New Zealand will notify you of this as soon as practicable either directly or, if that is not reasonably practicable, by public notice.
Once personal information is no longer required by ARDEX New Zealand or is no longer required to be kept by law, ARDEX New Zealand will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or delete the personal information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
9. Direct marketing
ARDEX New Zealand engages in direct marketing practices in accordance with the law. Information (including personal information) collected is used to identify particular products, services or special offers that ARDEX New Zealand believes may be of interest to you. ARDEX New Zealand would then contact you (such as by telephone, mail, email or other communications) to let you know about these offers and opportunities.
ARDEX New Zealand will only engage in these direct marketing activities with your express consent or, where impracticable, your inferred consent. In any case, you will be provided with the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future. For email communications, there is a simple “unsubscribe” feature that you can utilise at any time. You can also at any time request that you no longer receive any marketing materials and information from ARDEX New Zealand by contacting ARDEX New Zealand’s privacy officer using the details set out in section 11 (Contact us about privacy questions) of this Policy.
10. Access and correction
ARDEX New Zealand takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. If ARDEX New Zealand becomes aware that any of the personal information it holds is inaccurate it will take prompt steps to update its records so that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
Subject to verification of your identity and some exceptions set out in the Act, if ARDEX New Zealand holds personal information about you then you have a right to access, update or correct this personal information at any time.
If you hold an online account with ARDEX New Zealand you may access and correct your personal details at any time by logging into your online account. Alternatively, access and correction requests should be made in writing to ARDEX New Zealand’s privacy officer using the details set out in section 11 (Contact us about privacy questions) of this Policy.
In some cases, ARDEX New Zealand may charge you a fee to recover its reasonable costs in providing copies of your personal information requested. If so, ARDEX New Zealand will notify you of the amount of the fee before sending your information to you. There is no fee to make a request for access to your personal information.
ARDEX New Zealand will aim to respond to written requests for access and correction of personal information within 20 business days after a request is received by ARDEX New Zealand. Where ARDEX New Zealand is unable give access to or correct the information (as applicable) within 20 business days, it will notify you of the reason for the delay and provide an indication of when it expects to give access to or correct the information (as applicable).
11. Contact us about privacy questions
If you have any questions (including complaints) relating to the handling and management of information (including personal information) collected in New Zealand by ARDEX New Zealand, or would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, please contact:
The Privacy Officer
ARDEX New Zealand Limited
15 Alfred Street
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Updated September 2020.