ARDEX New Zealand Limited (ARDEX New Zealand) is a leading supplier of building materials and products, specialising in high-quality construction materials for substrate preparation, levelling floors, the fixing of natural stones and ceramic tiles and other surfacing materials. ARDEX New Zealand offers innovative products of outstanding quality and optimal environmental friendliness, as well as providing training and support services for their application.
2. Open and transparent management of personal information
This Policy covers any information (including personal information) collected in New Zealand from customers, retailers and visitors to any website operated by ARDEX New Zealand. The Policy does not apply to information (including personal information) collected by third parties, such as payment gateway providers, or through third party websites linked to this website. Those third parties are subject to applicable privacy laws and their own privacy policies (if any).
ARDEX New Zealand may review and update this Policy from time to time by posting the updated Policy on its websites. You are taken to have agreed to the updated Policy if you continue to place orders for ARDEX New Zealand products or services or continue to visit or browse any ARDEX New Zealand website after the updated Policy is posted on its websites.
4. Personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
5. Collection and purpose
ARDEX New Zealand collects and uses both personal information and other information so that it can provide you with the products and services that you order, and keep you informed of products and services that may be of interest to you. Information collected about you can also be used in a de-identified form (i.e. a form where an individual cannot be identified) to assist ARDEX New Zealand generally in improving its business, products and services to customers.
(Types of personal information collected) The types of personal information collected about you may include:
- First name, last name, role/trade/profession, email address, telephone number, location and address
- Financial information, such as account numbers, credit card details
- Information about you that you provide to ARDEX New Zealand through feedback forms, surveys, or other forms that you complete and send to ARDEX New Zealand
(Other information collected) ARDEX New Zealand collects other information that may not identify you but is provided by you to ARDEX New Zealand. For example, this information may include your browsing preferences, IP address, internet service provider, the country from which you are accessing the website, the website that has directed you to the website, the search term you use (if you come to the website via a search engine), date and time of your visit to, the ARDEX New Zealand websites that you visit, and the files that you download from the website.
(How information is collected) Information (including personal information) may be collected in a number of ways, including:
- Information provided by you to ARDEX New Zealand verbally or in any written form (e.g. when you attend one of ARDEX New Zealand’s events or contact customer service)
- Information provided by you to a third party where that third party is authorised to provide ARDEX New Zealand with such information
- Information provided by your computer or device in the course of visiting an ARDEX New Zealand (e.g. cookies) or browsing an electronic communication from ARDEX New Zealand (e.g. email)
(Use of information collected) ARDEX New Zealand uses information (including personal information) collected for a number of specific purposes depending on the person providing the personal information:
- For customers: ARDEX New Zealand uses information collected to carry out orders placed for products and services; deliver products and services to the correct location; invoice customers for products and services; set up trade accounts and deal with payment defaults (including to obtain a credit report to assess a customer’s suitability for credit or to notify any customer default to credit reporting agencies); facilitate payment of products and services; provide after-sales services; exercise rights under the applicable Conditions of Sale in relation to orders for products and services; and keep customers informed of products and services that may be of interest to the customer.
- For website visitors: ARDEX New Zealand uses information collected to provide an improved and positive website experience for website visitors (including to resolve website issues). Information provided by website visitors when visiting an ARDEX New Zealand website allows ARDEX New Zealand to recognise the visitor as a customer; customise website services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that website visitor accounts security is not compromised; and follow up with website visitors that wish to find out more information about ARDEX New Zealand products or services or place orders from ARDEX New Zealand.
- For suppliers, contractors and retailers: ARDEX New Zealand uses information collected to explore business opportunities for the provision of ARDEX New Zealand products (or parts of them) and services along the supply chain and through distribution channels, and to exercise rights under the applicable contracts with suppliers, contractors and retailers.
- Generally: ARDEX New Zealand uses information collected to improve its business and develop new and/or improved products and services. In most cases, such information would be de-identified (i.e. a form where an individual cannot be identified) and aggregated to allow ARDEX New Zealand to analyse demographic and usage data.
You can deal with ARDEX New Zealand anonymously where it is lawful and practicable to do so. If you prefer, you can use a pseudonym in place of your real name. In cases where ARDEX New Zealand deals with you in relation to the supply of products or services or the provision of financial or credit information it will be impracticable for ARDEX New Zealand to deal with you either anonymously or by pseudonym. However, you may wish to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym if you are making a general inquiry about ARDEX New Zealand products or services.
ARDEX New Zealand takes protection of personal information seriously. ARDEX New Zealand will take reasonable steps to secure personal information against misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Personal information may be stored in different ways, including paper, electronic and online forms. All personal information collected by ARDEX New Zealand is stored at secure premises, including a computer network that is secured by firewalls, passwords and anti-virus protection. ARDEX New Zealand personnel are required to comply with privacy and data policies and procedures. Personal information is only provided to third parties for the sole purpose of providing products and services to ARDEX New Zealand as set out in section Disclosure (Disclosure) of this Policy. Those third parties also have an obligation to keep personal information secure in accordance with their privacy policies and applicable privacy legislation.
Once personal information is no longer required by ARDEX New Zealand or is no longer required to be kept by law, ARDEX New Zealand will take reasonable steps to destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
8. Direct marketing
ARDEX New Zealand engages in direct marketing practices in accordance with the law. Information (including personal information) collected is used to identify particular products, services or special offers that ARDEX New Zealand believes may be of interest to you. ARDEX New Zealand would then contact you (such as by telephone, mail, email or other communications) to let you know about these offers and opportunities.
ARDEX New Zealand will only engage in these direct marketing activities with your express consent or, where impracticable, your implied consent. In any case, you will be provided with the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future. For email communications, there is a simple “unsubscribe” feature that you can utilise at any time. You can also at any time request that you no longer receive any marketing materials and information from ARDEX New Zealand by contacting ARDEX New Zealand’s privacy officer using the details set out in section 12 (Contact us about privacy questions) of this Policy.
ARDEX New Zealand may disclose personal information to third party suppliers and contractors to the extent it is necessary for them to provide products and services to ARDEX New Zealand, or if required by law, a court or an enforcement agency that has power to require disclosure of such personal information.
ARDEX New Zealand only retains personal information for as long as required by law and needed for our business functions and activities. It is then securely destroyed and disposed of.
ARDEX New Zealand will ensure, to the extent reasonably practicable, that personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. If ARDEX New Zealand becomes aware that any of the personal information it holds is inaccurate it will take prompt steps to update its records so that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
11. Access and correction
Subject to verification of your identity, if ARDEX New Zealand holds personal information about you then you may make a request to access, update or correct this personal information at any time.
ARDEX New Zealand will give you access to your personal information that it holds subject to a few exceptions. ARDEX New Zealand will not give you access to your personal information that it holds if:
- ARDEX New Zealand reasonably believes giving you access would pose a threat to the life, health and safety of any individual;
- Giving access is likely to unreasonably impact the privacy of others;
- Your request is frivolous or vexatious;
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and ARDEX New Zealand and that information would not be discoverable in legal proceedings;
- Giving access would prejudice any negotiations between ARDEX New Zealand and you;
- Giving access would be unlawful;
- Giving access would likely prejudice taking appropriate action where there is reason to suspect unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature; or
- Giving access may prejudice enforcement activities, or a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
- ARDEX New Zealand will provide written reasons for any refusal to give access.
If there is a substantial amount of personal information that needs to be accessed, ARDEX New Zealand may charge you a fee to recover its reasonable costs in supplying you with the information you requested. ARDEX New Zealand will notify you of the amount of the fee when it responds to the request but before it gives access to the information. There is no fee to make a request for access to your personal information.
If you hold an online account with ARDEX New Zealand you may access and correct your personal details at any time by logging into your online account. Alternatively, access and correction requests should be made in writing to ARDEX New Zealand’s privacy officer using the details set out in section 12 (Contact us about privacy questions) of this Policy.
ARDEX New Zealand will aim to respond to written requests for access and correction of personal information within 15 business days after a request is received by ARDEX New Zealand. Where ARDEX New Zealand is unable give access or correct the information (as applicable) within 15 business days, it will notify you of the reason for the delay and provide an indication of when it expects to give access or correct the information (as applicable).
12. Contact us about privacy questions
If you have any questions (including complaints) relating to the handling and management of information (including personal information) collected in New Zealand by ARDEX New Zealand, please contact:
The Privacy Officer
ARDEX New Zealand Limited
15 Alfred Street
ARDEX New Zealand will:
- acknowledge receipt of a complaint within 10 business days; and
- aim to resolve a complaint within 45 business days.
It may not always be possible to resolve a complaint within 45 business days. If ARDEX New Zealand is unable to resolve a complaint within 45 business days, it will notify you of the reason for the delay and provide an indication of when ARDEX New Zealand expects to resolve the complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.